MiBanco Esperanza from Los Higos

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Site Tour

Yesterday Ryan and I went around to all 12 of the different SI ministry sites here in the DR. It was really cool to see all of the different ministries and how each one fits into SI's vision. Each one has a unique and affective way to connect with the community. Enjoy below some of the pictures we took of a few of the sites!

P.S. We signed the contract and paid the deposit on the apartment, so we will start shopping for furniture, painting, and moving in this week! Prayers for this process are greatly appreciated!



The agriculture site


The Sports site




The Preschool in Mata Gorda




The Preschool in El Callejon




The Social Work site (where Caroline will be working!)




This is a street in El Callejon where students from the Art Site came and painted the walls.





The Special Education and Developmental Theorapy site.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Just discovered you guys blog. Sounds like you all are off to a fantastic start! So excited to hear about some of the amazing things in the DR. "Thinking" of you two!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness how exciting! I'm so glad things are going well for you guys!

Whitney said...

You guys are off and running! I am glad that you are planning to at least keep the second bedroom so that I will have a place to crash when I come visit! ;)
Love!

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I'm getting instructions from your mom, so hopefully I'll be able to do this more often. Just pray for protection for each of you daily. Love you both
Grandma