MiBanco Esperanza from Los Higos

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Miami International Airport

So here we are. On our way to the Dominican Republic. After 3 years of dreaming, 1 year of fundraising, and 3 months of training....we are actually on our way. It's quite surreal, and I don't know if it's actually hit me yet.

Our airport experience has actually been very successful so far. Every one of our bags was between 0.6-0.0 pounds under the maximum weight. We were very proud of our ability to "max out" each bag, and very lucky that the scale we used beforehand wasn't 0.5 lbs off. And I was able to sneak on an extra carry-on bag with no one saying anything. God looks out for us even at the airport!

So we've been sitting in the Miami Airport for about 5 hours now and have only one more to go. Luckily, we've been able to keep ourselves busy enough with our new laptop fully equipped with Skype and Slingbox. ***By the way, if you have Skype our name is Holloways623....add us because we want to keep up with as many people as we can!

Well...thats about all for now. Hopefully our next post will have some exciting pictures of where we'll be living!

OH...one more thing. Here's a link to a 13 minute video my dad found of a guy recording the downtown area of Jarabacoa. It's the one on the left called "Jarabacoa Tour." It might give you a good idea of the area if you're interested!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good News about the luggage!! I guess the "weigh station" you had in our Den really paid off. I know you were thrilled when God pulled everything off without a hitch. He is faithful!! I love You both so much. I'm so proud of both of you and your commitment to follow what God has called you to do. Buckle Up...get ready for the ride.

Mom

Whitney said...

Hi! I've been thinking about you guys all day... You're off to the DR!
I know God has amazing things in store for you, he got you there after all! I look forward to reading more about it (and actually commenting, haha).
love you guys!
Whitney

ps- caroline, it was so great to see you this weekend. :)

Heather said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope your first couple of days are going great and that you're adjusting well! My prayers are with you!