MiBanco Esperanza from Los Higos

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I miss Wal-Mart

Like Ryan said in the last post, many of you have asked if there is anything we need/want from the States. So I came up with a list of things that are either ridiculously expensive or just don't even exist here. So here it goes:

-cooking spray
-chocolate chips (or really anything chocolate)
-tampons
-lotion
-spices (any of the basic ones that we use- dry basil, ginger, nutmeg, cumin, etc)
-plackers (for flossing)
-any sort of packaged food (snacks, cookies, nuts, almonds, canned things-broth, diced tomatoes, etc, sauces, dressings, marinades)
-things for our walls (world map, bulletin board, anything decorative)
-peanut butter
-Splenda
-tissues
-shampoo, conditioner, body wash
-Glade plug-ins
-Multi-Vitamins

God Bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! This is very helpful. Humorous..but helpful. I will be putting a package in the mail within the next few weeks for Christmas.
Love you both. Mom

Anonymous said...

Ryan- Its time to change your picture.

Melissa Vickers said...

I just ended up on your blog because Sara Borsari sent me a link to see your puppy (I have a puppy too) but I scrolled down to these last 2 posts about things that are weird and things that you need from the US and I can totally relate to all of them!!! I live in Medellin, Colombia, with my fiance, and the whole American = rich and expensive toiletries thing drives me nuts, too!